Looking for a way to asynchronously load images when users browse to the page without jQuery?
Nice and elegant way to add zooming functionality for images, inspired by medium.com
This plugin reproduce exactly the same code that use Medium to add the smooth transition effect clicking over the images, with some improvement.
Illustration by akselkreis
The goal of bLazy is to help save bandwidth and server requests to your site to everything loads that much faster. (As an added bonus it saves data usage for mobile users as well.)
The loader has a sleek look and can work with almost any style of website design. The code is fairly easy to understand and install.
Here are a few reasons why you should try it:
- bLazy is used on big sites with millions of monthly visitors so it has been tested plenty.
- bLazy can lazy load all types of images, including background images.
- bLazy can lazy load images depending on screen size (multi-serve images).
- bLazy can serve retina images on retina devices.
- bLazy is lightweight, less than 1.2KB and less than 1.05KB (if you don’t need IE7- support).
- bLazy is AMD, CommonJS and Browser global compatible.
This tool works on all modern browsers and is a great way to better serve images to your users.